Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Presenting Evidence that God Still Loves Women and Writers

I am picking up this blog to document my journey back to health.  This is my reboot. A lot has changed in five years.  My original opening in 2012 was this:
This fall I sent my eldest child to college while preparing to send the next, following just 21 months behind.  And I have a third child I am preparing for kindergarten.  Despite all my railing against being defined by my status as a wife and mother, these are the most defining facts of my life.  Getting married and being fertile is not all that I have been, however.  I am a published author.  I have a PhD in English because I thought it was a safe field and because I thought a woman married to an artist–print maker and sculptor–needed to have a profession that would always be valued.  Ha!  I should say that again:  Ha!

So this is me, Valerie, introducing myself in this inaugural Sea Notes blog–mother, wife, author, and teacher with the audacity to believe that God still loves women and writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment