Thursday, March 5, 2020

Exhibit C: The beauty of chunky blankets


Exhibit C: The beauty of chunky blankets

My grandmother spent the latter years of her life making quilts and blankets for those she loved. Perhaps that is why I find myself making blankets for my loved ones now.  My favorite are made with really fat yarn–perhaps because I don’t have the patience required to use regular sized wool or perhaps because the fat yarn feels so luscious! 
I remember a childhood friend of my mothers said at my grandmother’s funeral, that my grandmother covered us all with her love. The quilts and blankets had become a metaphor and a signature. I still have one of her blankets on my bed and several more in closets.
Join the podcast Presenting Evidence that God Still Loves Women and Writers on February 24, 2020 for Exhibit C. And for this episode’s Opening Paragraph, Prince reads from her own work–“Empty Vessel”.

No comments:

Post a Comment